LACA ParentPay School Meals Research
Over 12,000 parents responded to the LACA/ParentPay survey, making this the largest school meals research exercise to be carried out to date.
The goal of this research was to get a comprehensive insight into parent’s current views of school meals and their children’s daily life issues - the survey results informed an independent report authored by a respected expert in school meals research.
The good news
- 89% of parents say they are happy with the school meals their children are eating – proving that schools and caterers alike are getting it right
- 94% find it easier to pay online for school meals – helping ensure that money is spent on school meals not on sweets and drinks
Food for thought
- 92% said ALL schools (including Academies and Free Schools) should abide by Government Nutritional Standards - monitored by an independent body
- 13% DO NOT take up their full entitlement to FSM – meaning many are missing out on the educational benefits a regular healthy school meal can offer
- 38% of parents do not feel they receive enough information about school meals – many (81%) want to see this information available via email and online