26 January 2022
We are growing and looking for Product Designers
Mid, Senior and Lead roles available
As the largest provider of education management software in the UK, we influence the lives of over one million people every day. Education exists to inform, engage, empower and our job is to help make this happen. We do this with a range of digital SaaS products which help deliver the best learning outcomes possible.
Why join ESS?
Make a difference. Design to empower educators, parents, and learners to deliver the best school and learning experience possible.
Build foundations. You will an integral role not only in building our new SaaS products but also in our culture, processes, and design community.
Supportive environment. Experienced mentors and peers to help you achieve your goals and create a creative culture.
Remote working (UK). We have evolved during the pandemic and our design and research team now work remotely, with occasional travel to our Bedford office for social and collaborative work.
Compensation and benefits. We are well-funded and offer a variety of benefits and extremely competitive salaries.
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for digital product designers (mid, senior and lead levels) to help evolve the creative direction and establish design within our agile teams. You should be an experienced designer comfortable with UX and visual design. Our ideal candidate has a strong digital product design background and experience working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Above all, we’re looking for someone who will advocate for the end-user and design guided by data. We value collaboration and while we are seeking experienced designers, we care more about potential and drive, than the length of your resume.
What you will be getting up to:
- From discovery through to final designs. You will design for a diverse range of users, platforms, and problems.
- Collaborating with a variety of disciplines (UX researchers, Analysts, PMs and Devs etc) in an agile, fast paced environment.
- Building empathy and compassion for the end-user while appreciating our business needs. You will be delivering a holistic solution that solves problems for users.
- Evolving design at ESS. Working with colleagues to raise the quality and grow the ESS design community, principles, processes, and systems.
- Be one of our voices of design, inside and outside of the company, sharing our work, evangelising its success, articulating the vision.
How to Apply?
Please upload your C.V, with a link to your portfolio and complete a few HR questions. We will get back to you as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
- Intro call (30 mins)
- Portfolio and competency interview (1 hour)
- Task/Workshop interview (1 hour)
- Potential offer
- Optional meet the team call (30mins)
Support – If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best – please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.