25 January 2022
1st Line Service Desk Analyst
The primary objective of the 1st Line Service Desk Analyst is to provide a single point of contact between the services being provided and the users. Typically this will involve taking phone calls, handling e-mails and web queries whilst providing first class customer service to our customers in the education industry.
This role would suit individuals who have worked in Service, Hospitality or Retail based roles that is used to troubleshooting and general customer services. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills either face to face or over the phone. Full training and a clearly defined promotional plan is provided within this role which can open many avenues within the organisation.
You will be part of an excellent team working in a high paced but rewarding environment so its important that you have experience of and enjoy working in close and friendly team.
If you have worked in roles such as Service desk, retail assistant, retail advisor, service Host , receptionist , customer service advisor , hostess or host, IT service , retail supervisor , call centre , telesales executive or anything similar then please take the time to read more about this role
Tasks and main duties:
- Providing 1st class customer service via incoming phone calls, e-mails and through our customer facing portal.
- Managing customer expectation with the use of active listening and telephony skills.
- Be mindfully aware of the volume of work on offer
- Analysing Customer enquiries to determine correct prioritisation and classification.
- Taking ownership of customer enquiries and attempting to resolve new cases at first contact.
- Using remote support tools to attempt to resolve queries at first contact.
- Routing newly created cases to the specific 2nd Line teams where required.
- Educating customers on bespoke software used exclusively in the Education industry and minor Microsoft related issues.
- Assisting 2nd Line teams with their workload where required
Key skills and responsibilities:
- Have an eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Great communicators in spoken and written English at all levels with an excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate and a confident user of Microsoft based programs
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate a solid logical approach to problem solving
- Capable of asking clear and concise questions in order to ascertain the exact details of a customer query
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Telephony experience in a Service Desk or Contact Centre environment
- Previous use of a Customer Relationship Management Software eg. Service Now would be ideal
- Previous work within a School and/or Educational Body would be ideal
- Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment would be ideal
About Education Software Solutions
Education exists to Inform, Engage, Empower, Everyday. Our job is to help make this happen.
As the largest provider of education management software in the UK, we influence the lives of over one million people every day. Our aim is to empower educators, parents and learners to deliver the best school and learning outcomes possible. We do this with a range of web and mobile (iOS, Android) products which are built on the SIMS management information system.