Salary: Range £21k – £23k plus uncapped commission, OTE region of £25k – £27k. Normal business hours, Term-time + 2- or 3-week, full-time contract to be considered.
Location: Home office-based or Coventry office base will be considered.
Own transport and willingness/ability to travel regularly are essential.
Target sectors: Schools, local authorities, caterers and other school service providers
Responsible to: Head of ParentPay Sales
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new sales for ParentPay to an agreed annual target
- Engage with customers to make initial appointments, capitalise on commercial opportunities and provide a reliable point of contact for all customers
- Discuss ParentPay with potential clients through online presentations, telephone calls and emails and occasional face to face meetings
- Maintaining an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with prospective customers following up sales calls and proposals and updating sales forecasts
- Manage and maintain a pipeline and ensure all sales administration is current using CRM software, reporting to management as required
- Manage lead generation and business development activity within the region with support from the External Business Development Manager (eBDM) and Market Development Manager (MDM)
- Actively and successfully manage the full sales process: lead generation; qualification; promotion; occasional demonstration; close; then handover to the Implementation, Project and Support teams as appropriate
- Create and be accountable for client proposals, quotations and negotiation
- Assist in responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
- Effectively dealing with telephone and web enquiries requesting quotations and compiling information
- Maintain strong market analysis and keep abreast of competitor activities
- Collaborate with regional colleagues to deliver the highest quality sales experience possible to our customers and prospective customers
- Identify new business opportunities and upsell opportunities to our existing customer base
- Close liaison with the Marketing team to ensure campaigns are timely and appropriate for market need
Working closely with the External Business Development Manager (eBDM), the successful candidate will be focussed on achieving new business sales for ParentPay selling our online payment and income management solution to schools, local authorities and caterers.
The iBDM for the Midlands patch will be confident in their ability to build strong rapport with schools, customers and partners to create awareness of our products and services and demonstrate how our uniqueness differentiates us from competitors.
Previous sales, business development or account management experience is preferred. A background in a school environment or an understanding of school administration is desirable, but this is in no way essential. Product training will be given to the successful candidate along with schools/market training as appropriate.
The post requires a confident, tenacious and enthusiastic team member with great personal motivation and organisation. The ability to communicate professionally while building relationships and credibility is essential for the ideal candidate.
As market leader in this competitive market, which is sensitive to strong sales techniques, emphasis during appraisal of short-listed candidates will be given to strength of character, relevant personal qualities and personality fit with our company.
To Apply: Send your CV, and a cover letter giving examples of why you think you’d be suited for this position to April Carney-Dalton April.email@example.com
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Closing date for applications 4th November 2019.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES