ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
IT Senior NOC Analyst
The IT Senior Network Operations Centre (NOC) Analyst will be part of a newly formed team which performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across customer enterprise networks. This individual then performs research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers.
The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritise remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. The NOC analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and creating custom scripts for monitoring and remedial purposes.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Recognise, identify, and prioritise incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organisational policies and operational impact.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to ensure all incidents and alerts are dealt with efficiently.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Creating server and SaaS application checks.
- Assist other IT NOC Analysts with escalations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers, storage and custom SaaS applications in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Practical knowledge of scriptwriting in multiple computer programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server and Linux operating systems.
- Experience monitoring VMWare clusters in high-availability environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- SQL experience is desirable.
- Good time management.
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will be provided with support and training during your induction period to get you up to speed. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enrol pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office**
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.
**Coventry Office Only