ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
We are seeking an Application Support Engineer to join the ParentPay IT/Technical Operations team.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Provide technical support to application issues escalated by support channels.
- Diagnose and resolve issues by carrying out root cause analysis.
- Contribute to the deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of our digital application and platform.
- Be proactive in flagging, escalating, and owning the resolution of site reliability and performance issues across our digital estate.
- Review, update and create documentation for standard or any bespoke working procedures.
- Work closely with support and development teams to accelerate delivery of our service to the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively in small teams.
- Able to present and discuss alternative solutions to problems.
- Harness the insights provided by our monitoring solutions to inform where improvements should be made.
- Provide insight into how we can better deploy resilient, highly available systems.
- Use agreed processes in line with maintaining a good standard of working and industry best practice whilst looking for opportunities to do things better.
- You have a ‘Can do’ attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to query data using SQL scripts adhering to best practices so you must understand SQL.
- You have experience in using remote support tools.
- Experience in working with schools MIS like SIMS is desirable.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with others.
- ITIL foundation is desirable.
- The teams at ParentPay take a pro-active approach to learning with regular knowledge sharing sessions on areas of the application and technologies. You will take part in these sessions and take responsibility for your own learning.
- You are highly motivated and proactive, with a positive attitude and desire to leave things better than you found them.
- You are a strong team player and can work independently without constant management.
- You can work well under pressure to respond quickly to any production issues and find meaningful workarounds until a release can be made.
- You are flexible and adapt readily to changing priorities and working practices.
What can we offer you in return?
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. You will also receive regular coaching and mentoring from your team lead and other members of your team to ensure your personal development continues throughout your career.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enroll pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme.
* Terms and conditions apply.