ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Developer / Tech Lead to join the ParentPay Development team.
You will contribute to the design and improvement of our products and help us extend our already market-leading position.
- C# ASP.NET (.NET 4.5)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- jQuery / Knockout / Angular
- WebAPI / WebServices / WebForms
- Visual Studio & ReSharper / Visual Studio Code
What will you be doing?
- You will work as part of a cross-functional Scrum team alongside enthusiastic and passionate Developers, Business Analysts, Software Testers, and UI designers. Working with the team to ensure new and existing functionality is of the highest quality.
- You will be involved in projects from their inception through to delivery. Working with Agile tools, techniques, and best practices like the Three Amigos to improve our products, focussing on delivering high business value features first.
- You will be expected to deliver high-quality software meeting the business requirements, working directly with Business Analysts to ensure we create the best solution for customers and our application.
- You will be developing features at all levels of the software stack, including front-end user interfaces, APIs, and back end. Using a variety of technologies: C# (.NET 4.5) WebAPI, WebForms, Angular, Web Services, Async Services.
- We work within a Continuous Integration development environment and you will be releasing software to test rapidly and releases to production are made every 3 weeks using the scrum process.
- You will be expected to take an active part in all scrum ceremonies including presenting completed work to the wider team at the end of each sprint and contributing to planning and retrospective sessions to make sprints as successful as possible.
- You will need to be able to identify the optimal solution to minimise development time, QA time, and change risk, without degrading code quality.
- The Development team at ParentPay take a pro-active approach to learning with regular knowledge sharing sessions on areas of the application and technologies. You will take part in these sessions and take responsibility for your own self-learning using tools such as Pluralsight.
- You will also receive regular coaching and mentoring from your team lead and other members of your scrum team to ensure your personal development continues throughout your career.
- You will implement software development best practices through the application of agreed processes whilst maintaining an analytical attitude and looking for opportunities to do things better!
- You’re a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced senior software engineer with excellent analytical skills and have experience developing new web applications and APIs as well as supporting old systems.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with others.
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment and understand what that means for the development process.
- You are highly motivated and proactive, with a positive attitude and desire to complete the sprint and meet the team and business needs.
- You have a proven ability to develop and deliver high-quality software meeting requirements and technical specifications.
- You are able to apply precision and attention to detail to all aspects of your work.
- You are proficient in developing Full Stack Web Application ensuring a high-quality front end (HTML/JS/CSS) as well as performant backend (.NET) and understand that user experience is just as important as speed.
- You are able to coach and mentor other members of the team: Developers; Testers, UI developers & Business Analysts.
- You are a strong team player and work independently without constant management.
- You are able to work well under pressure to respond quickly to any production issues and find meaningful workarounds until a release can be made.
- You are flexible and adapt readily to changing priorities and working practices.
- You have good, pragmatic, decision-making ability and are capable of working under pressure without constant management.
What can we offer in return?
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will gain access to various development teams (Developers, Business Analysts, Software Testers, UI designers Product Owners, Architects) across the Parent Pay group, providing you with a highly skilled and diverse support network.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enroll pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to the main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.