ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
Senior IT Support Engineer (3rd line-level)
To provide a 3rd line technical support function to the ParentPay group of companies, providing support escalation for internal customers and supporting internal and production systems at both Data Centres and remote offices on a primarily Microsoft Windows/VMware environment. You will report directly to the IT Support Manager.
- Assist 1st and 2nd line engineers with escalated support problems
- Responsible for the BAU operations of the ParentPay group hosted applications both internally and externally
- Perform regular custom application releases to bespoke hosted software both in and out of hours
- Identify and deliver improvements to IT processes and systems including regular systems upgrades
- Identify opportunities to improve our service to our customer base, so that SLA’s are exceeded, and customer feedback is consistently high
- Assist the IT support manager with a continual capacity management process, ensuring any bottlenecks are identified and addressed before they impact
- Assist the IT Projects team in delivering a variety of IT projects across all Group businesses; Office, Data Centre and Cloud-based
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc) as set out by the IT Service Manager
- Maintain and create detailed documentation of processes and systems of the IT Team
- Help maintain business SLA for both Service Requests and incidents into the ITSM system
- Ensure all work is recorded in ITSM system and correct routes are used for incoming work
- Opportunity for secondary 3rd line Out of Hours support role in the future
- Advanced Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory configuration and support
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud hosting platform design and administration
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Windows Server and desktop management and configuration
- Microsoft IIS web services administration and configuration
- VMWare and SQL backups experience
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to interpret fault descriptions provided by customers or internal escalations and translate these into resolutions
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Relevant qualifications or certifications would be beneficial
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will be provided with support and training during your induction period to get you up to speed. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enrol pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.