ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market leading service provider to over 6000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK. We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 2.5 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our driven and results focussed Product Team.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Working with business stakeholders to map out ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes, to ensure they envision the future and how their work will need to change in order to effectively support it
- Definition of B2B software solutions, concentrating on both functional and non-functional requirements
- Prioritisation of requirements using MoSCoW and other methods, define and agree (often by negotiation) product MVP and release stages with development and business teams
- Ability to be pragmatic and adapt to change with positivity, understanding that a strategic plan can often have to be modified to accommodate tactical opportunities
- In the early stages of adopting a new delivery focused environment, this role will be required to work closely with Delivery Project Managers, helping to feed into project size estimates, managing workstream backlog, assist with the production of Sprint based reporting and completing change requests for deviation in agreed scope, extension of time and increase of cost
- Work with the Delivery Manager to contribute to the creation of the overall delivery plan
- Contribute to regular reporting / forecasting and raising risks/issues as part of the delivery process
- Active and engaged participation in daily stand-ups, Sprint planning, story refinement and other Scrum ceremonies
- Actively involved in planning and execution of Product Preview meetings, getting early feedback from business teams and incorporating into product design process
- Proven ability to look beyond one project, i.e. capable of working on multiple projects at any one time
- Work cross-group, to help bring together a suite of related products to reduce duplication and unify work streams
- Analysis of datasets, such as live application usage statistics or data extracted from the database, to provide a factual basis for the Product Manager and department heads to make sensible decisions, based on sound business intelligence
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience of expertise in a software specification role
- Complete confidence to engage stakeholders of all levels in order to understand the problems they are experiencing, translating these into effective business solutions
- A lateral thinker, with the skill to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent analytical skills, with a detail orientated approach
- Natural ability to express ideas in a way that others can easily understand, using clear and concise language
- Excellent ability to analyse requirements and communicate these clearly to UI designers and development teams
- Aptitude to effectively break a project down into iterative chunks
- Extensive experience and skill at converting requirements into clearly defined user stories, that deliver business benefit
- Strong understanding of development concepts including data/process modelling and UI design
- Full of energy, a positive individual who is both a strong team player and individual contributor
- Highly self-motivated, consistently meet deadlines and objectives without constant management
- Experience writing and conducting user acceptance tests
- Proven experience of working with teams to ensure that projects stay within budget and target spending requirements
- Advanced Excel abilities, including use of formula, pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality
- Travel to various company offices, or offsite meetings will be required occasionally
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall Project Management environments
- Use of JIRA, knowledge of JQL
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract data
- Knowledge / experience of conducting usability testing
- BCS (ISEB) International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What can we offer you?
You will be provided with support and exceptional training during your induction period to get you up to speed and contributing to your first project. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Option to buy or sell up to 3 days additional holiday days per annum
- Company matched auto enrol pension scheme
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary
- Option to join the company private health scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
- Flexible working hours
(Some benefits after a successful probationary period)