ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and has grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
We are now seeking an IT Project Support Engineer to join our team.
To work within a small dedicated projects team to deliver a variety of IT projects across both Data Centres and remote offices on a primarily Microsoft Windows/VMware environment. You will report directly to the IT Systems Engineering Manager as part of a newly created dedicated projects team and support the IT Projects Engineers with larger project tasks, as well as being responsible for delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Support delivering a wide variety of IT projects and tasks across all Group businesses; Office, Data Centre and Cloud-based
- Delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion.
- Work closely with the IT Project Manager and IT Projects Engineers, giving regular feedback and updates on project tasks
- Be involved in the whole IT project lifecycle from initial scoping to review on completion
- Working collaboratively as part of the wider projects team on large multi-faceted projects
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc) as set out by the IT Service Manager
- Maintain and create detailed documentation of IT processes and systems
- Ensuring detailed project plans are produced and kept up to date
- Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory configuration and support
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Windows Server and desktop management and configuration
- Microsoft IIS web services administration and configuration
- Good network knowledge, preferably with some Cisco experience
- Experience working on custom/bespoke software applications
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to deliver to a pre agreed schedule
- Ability to manage any complications in project delivery and set expectations to suit
- Working on projects using a PRINCE2 methodology
What can we offer you in return?
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will be provided with support and training during your induction period to get you up to speed. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enroll pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.