ParentPay created the market for online payments for schools and has grown successfully to become the market-leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
We offer a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable over 3 million parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
We are seeking an IT Network Analyst to join our team.
To work in a newly formed, high-paced IT Infrastructure team as a dedicated Network Analyst, reporting to the Projects and Network Manager. Responsible for the day-to-day stability and controlled changes of ParentPay Group’s Internal and Production networks across multiple sites and datacentres.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Daily network checks, reports and BAU tasks
- Assist 1st and 2nd line engineers with escalated problems
- Identify opportunities to improve our service to our customer base, so that SLAs are exceeded, and customer feedback is consistently high
- Provide assistance to colleagues both within and outside of the Technical Operations team for any issues related to our application and platforms
- Improve on existing systems and capacity monitoring
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc.) as set out by the IT department
- Ensure all aspects of the system are adequately documented and reviewed
- Strong Cisco Networking skills (ASAs, Switches etc) – CCENT or equivalent experience would be looked upon most favourably
- Good extended network administration experience, Load balancers, VMWare, WAN, WLAN and LAN configurations, network problem solving
- Excellent understanding of all DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience working in a change control environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to interpret fault descriptions provided by customers or internal escalations and translate these into resolutions
- ITSM experience i.e. server desk plus
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good knowledge of any of the below would also be advantageous
- Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Windows Server and desktop management and configuration
- Network Load Balancers
- Network monitoring software experience e.g., Solarwinds, PRTG, Logic Monitor
- Enterprise storage
What can we offer you in return?
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will be provided with support and training during your induction period to get you up to speed. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enroll pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.