ParentPay is the UK market leader in online school payments, school meals management and communications software. ParentPay acquired Schoolcomms in 2017, bringing together two leading lights in the provision of web and mobile delivered payment and parental engagement services for schools and parents.
Across our group, we help more than 15,000 schools reduce administration and costs and enable 5 million parents to make school payments quickly and securely while remaining engaged in their children’s education.
Over the last 2 years we have been adopting a blended approach to training incorporating digital learning supported by a team of onboarding specialists. We are now evolving our digital content to increase engagement and retention of critical skills.
Due to these exciting developments, we are now seeking a Digital Content Creator/Designer to join our team.
What will your key responsibilities be?
The role of the Digital Content Creator is to work with instructional designers and content creators to provide design expertise in delivering high-quality digital training and service media.
As part of the eLearning team, you will utilise your digital design skills to create and improve learning material, including audio, video, screencasts, interactive PDFs, and distributable material.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Creating engaging digital content that optimises knowledge and skill transference to internal and external customers, optimising on demand training and reducing the reliance on instructor led training.
- Enriching our support material – proofing, designing, creating.
- Ensuring that all customer-facing content is engaging and easily accessed, taking advantage of the latest technology.
- Working with the service team leaders to improve the self-service function and act as moderator for proposed draft content before publishing into the live support environment.
- Writing customer-facing support copy (emails, social media, web content, letters, e-newsletters, help documents, service updates, etc.)
- Writing script and producing video content for courses and bite-sized support content.
- Creating and manage a media channel of screencast and bite-sized video content that delivers to customer frequently asked questions.
- Assessing product release notes and, working with subject matter experts, evaluate required changes within the training and support materials.
- Working as an active member of the Service Team to drive continual improvement within the business and actively contribute ideas to the team to drive service improvement, business growth, reduced costs, efficiency, and increased quality.
- Provide overflow service desk support during the business’ peak periods.
We are open to the office location of this role and would support remote working.
- Ideally, you will have completed a degree with a strong element of media design
- Experienced with course creation tools (Articulate 360 Suite or similar)
- You will be adept at using content creation tools (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign or similar)
- Skilled in video editing (using Telestream Screenflow or similar)
- Creative and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Strong copywriting and/or editorial skills
- Impeccable proof-reading skills
- Strong script writing skills
- Confident and articulate communicator and presenter
- As happy working as part of a team as working on projects alone
- Proficient with commonly used business software (preferably MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of basic CMS (WordPress or similar), and LMS (LearnUpon or similar) would be advantageous, but not essential
What can we offer you in return?
You will be joining a successful fintech software company with unlimited opportunities for growth. To help you achieve your career ambitions, you will be provided with support and training during your induction period to get you up to speed. To assist in further self-improvement, we will also provide you with access to other training resources.
ParentPay offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Company matched auto-enroll pension scheme*
- Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary*
- Option to join the company private health scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on-site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office**
- Flexible working hours
* Terms and conditions apply.
**Coventry office only