Frequently Asked Questions
Most common FAQs
Haven't found what you need?
Full Q&As listed below
I have forgotten my username and/or password. What do I do?
If you know your username and have registered an email address with ParentPay:
You will then be emailed a link to reset your password (if this link is not clicked within 7 days it will expire and you will need to use the forgotten password link again).
Can't remember your username or haven't registered an email address with ParentPay?
If you no longer have access to this email address or do not know your username or you have not previously registered and verified an email address in ParentPay, you will not receive the password reset email.
Please submit an online support request and we will work with your school to determine your details and reset your account if required.
How do I activate my account?
To activate your account, have the account activation letter from your school to hand. If you have lost this or not yet received it, contact the school.
To set up your account, you will need to provide a current email address. This will be your username and will also be used for verification purposes.
- Navigate to www.parentpay.com
- Select Login at the top right corner of the screen
- Enter the username and password provided in your account activation letter and select Activate
- Complete the activation as detailed on the screen.
You can now log in to your account.
I have received an activation letter, however my email address has already been used on ParentPay. What should I do?
- Navigate to www.parentpay.com
- Select Login at the top right hand corner of the screen
- Log in to your existing account using your email address (if you cannot remember the password, select the forgotten password link and follow the instructions)
- From the top right hand corner select Add a Child (this will re-activate an account if it has been archived)
- Enter the username and password issued by the new school in the activation letter provided. This will add your child to this account.
Why have I not received my verification email?
Some email providers may move ParentPay password verification emails to a spam or junk folder. If you have requested password verification and the email has not arrived please check those folders.
Gmail account holders, please also check the ‘All’ and ‘Promotions’ inboxes.
If you still have not received the verification email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve paid for the wrong item. Can I get a refund?
For most payments, you simply need to contact the school office and arrange a refund back to your credit or debit card. Your school will be able to explain how to get a refund and advise on the next steps.
If you have made a payment against the ParentPay SMS text service, please email email@example.com to request a refund.
Can I make a payment with child care vouchers?
It is not currently possible to make payments using child care vouchers within ParentPay. However, if your school accepts this form of payment, the school administration team can process the vouchers on your behalf.
My child has left the school. How can I obtain a refund?
You will need to contact the school to arrange a refund or where appropriate, a transfer to another sibling. Where a school caterer receives funds directly for meals, you may be directed to the caterer to arrange a refund.
My child has left the school and I can no longer see their details. How can I pay what I owe?
Once a child leaves the school, your account is archived. You will need to contact the school who will advise you of alternative ways to pay.
I have more than one child to activate – can I have a single account/login?
You will be able to create a single account which you can add all your children to – even if your children attend different schools (as long as they subscribe to ParentPay).
Follow these steps:
- Activate and login to the account you want to add your other children to; this will become the only account you use in future. Then click on Add a Child on the home page
- Enter the username and password provided in any other activation letter (or existing username / password if already activated)
- Then click Search.Your child’s name will be listed on screen. Now click Add to my Account
- On your homepage, you should now see an additional tab for the child you have added to the account.
Repeat this process for any other children you wish to add to your account – up to a maximum of six children in a single account.
My child is moving schools. Can I still use my existing account?
You can retain your existing account when your child moves to another school that uses ParentPay. You will need the login details provided by the new school in order to transfer your account. If you do not have these please contact the school.
- Log in to your existing account
- Select Add a Child on the right hand side of the home page
- Enter the username and password provided by the new school
- Select Search
- Select Add a Child to confirm.
You will now see two tabs for the child, one for each school.
My child is moving schools. Can I transfer the balance to the new school?
No, funds cannot be transferred from one school account to another as they will have already been settled to the first school’s bank account. Please contact your existing school to determine if a refund can be made or to transfer the balance to a sibling account at the school if appropriate.
Can another payer, such as a partner or ex-partner, make payments for my child?
Additional payers can be set up with their own login in order to make payments. Please contact your child's school and they will be able to arrange the second payer setup.
How do I obtain a PayPoint card for meal payments?
If you would like to pay for your child’s school meals via PayPoint, please contact your school. They will order you a PayPoint card and while you wait for this card to arrive, provide you with a barcoded letter to enable you to make meal payments. If you have more than one child at the school you will need a PayPoint card for each child.