We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from a ParentPay Shop.
Sale of Goods Act and Shop Owner
The contract for the sale of goods, as defined in the sale of goods act 1979, is between you and the organisation (school, club, charity) offering products within the Shop (“Shop Owner”).
We are responsible for providing web shop software and services to the Shop Owner and may act as a collection agent on their behalf, for the purposes of processing the card payment.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
In order to create the contract between you and the Shop Owner you place the order for your products on the ParentPay Shop by clicking the confirm button during the checkout process.
We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from the Shop Owner.
We will send a copy of your order to the Shop Owner. Acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and the Shop Owner will take place on the dispatch to you, or receipt by you, of the Products ordered unless we or Shop Owner have notified you that your order has not been accepted.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product no longer being available.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting any criteria in the main Terms & Conditions.
The contract will be in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by us. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed through a ParentPay Shop please contact the Shop Owner using the contact details provided on their Shop pages online and/or in the email acknowledgement.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the Shop Owner of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to the Shop Owner at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and they will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply.
- The Shop Owner may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. They will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day they receive back from you any goods supplied.
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
The Shop Owner will take reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
Although The Shop Owner aims to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. The Shop Owner cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with their Order acceptance policy.
ParentPay Ltd. Registered at: 11 Kingsley Lodge, 13 New Cavendish Street, London W1G 9UG Registration in England and Wales with number 04513692 Correspondence: The Exchange, Express Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater TA6 4RR