ParentPay the UK’s leading provider of online payment for schools will be unveiling ‘The New ParentPay&rsquo
An increase in the number of Academies wanting to offer meal information online to parents has followed recent concerns
Tech Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst – Coventry / Midlands
Coventry office with some travel £27,000 - £30,000 DOE
Outline of role:
The Technical Support Analyst will be joining the existing technical support and technical operations team, providing second line support to the ParentPay Customer Support Team and our customers.
The core responsibility is to provide second line technical support, as well as fulfilling some technical operations duties:
- Handling technical support queries on the ParentPay application from the Customer Support Team (2nd / 3rd line customer support)
- Investigating data related issues using T-SQL to query and extract data.
- Supporting in-house staff IT systems (PC & Windows/Linux server based)
- Working with partners on technical interfacing, project implementations and networking issues (XML / SOAP / Web Services / TCP/IP)
- Providing support to software development and testing departments
Minimum requirements and experience include:
- Proven technical support capabilities, preferably within a web software business
- Exemplary support analysis and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL queries/data manipulation, Windows PC and server administration and some Unix server administration
- TCP/IP networking (to support troubleshooting with partner systems in client sites)
- Some programming experience desirable but not essential (to support development and testing, 3rd party data import etc.)
- Experience of school MIS, cashless and other school ICT systems would be valuable
The ideal and successful candidate will be an analytical thinker with demonstrable problem solving skills. Customer and partner contact is common so excellent communication skills are essential. A background in IT support for schools would also be desirable.
Experience of remote working would be beneficial and exemplary organisation skills are critical with the ability to self manage on a daily basis.
Working within a high pressure, rapidly evolving business the individual will need to be enthusiastic, with great personal motivation ensuring deadlines and objectives are met without constant management guidance.
Permanent Full-Time Vacancy
Coventry office with some occasional regional and national travel.
All applications for the Tech Support Analyst role will be held in the strictest of confidence.
ParentPay is an equal opportunities employer.